Can we just say that the month of February is flying by. I mean I was planning to have this post up the first Wednesday of the month but we see how well I did with that. Any who, I am going to post a list of items I loved throughout the previous month. This can range from skin care products to make up to home goods. Along with posting on the first Wednesday of February, I was also going to make this into a video…oh well 0 for 2 this month.
1. During the drier months of the year it is hard for me to find a foundation that provides coverage but also hydrates my skin. The Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua has been by saving grace this winter. It goes on like a dream and creates this beautiful, flawless skin once applied. I wouldn’t recommend this if you have oily skin.
2. Trying to find a dry shampoo that is a triple threat can be a bit difficult. I wanted one that reduced the greasiness without turning my hair white, added volume and smelled good. After some serious searching I found my favorite to be the Detox Dry Shampoo by Drybar. A close second is Clean Freak by It’s Not Your Mothers.
3. If I had to pick one outstanding product the BeautyBlender would be it. I can’t get over how it takes any foundation and lays it on your face like a dream. I was definitely skeptic at first but after just a few days of using this pink sponge I was hooked. So much so I gave some as Christmas presents.
4. I love to have a candle on stand by when I know I am going to have people over and I want my apartment to smell extra nice. Diptyque’s Baies does the job and with style. The black holder is sultry and the smell is divine. It is a win-win in my book.
5. As I mentioned above the drier months are rough on my skin and my summer moisturizer just wasn’t cutting it. Thankfully I stopped by a Kiehls stand and found the holy grail for my skin. The Rosa Arctica Moisturizer is a game changer. It has helped my face not feel tight and dry throughout the day but also doesn’t leave it feeling greasy either.
6. Until about four months ago I avoided eye shadow. Fast forward to now and I can’t get enough. The creamy texture of the eye shadows in this Lorac Pro Palette are insane. They blend like a dream and I can’t speak highly enough about this palette. If you are looking for a good neutral eye shadow palette that can be used day or night, this beauty is your winner.
7. Two words a girl can never go wrong with Jo Malone. I wanted to find a signature scent and something that not everyone was wearing. After smelling the Wood Sage & Sea Salt cologne I was hooked. I purchased the travel size since I knew I wanted to switch it up come Spring time but I love the spicy bits you smell as an after thought.
8. OBSESSED! My skin was so dehydrated this winter. The older I get the worse my skin is getting. I knew I needed to add a face oil in but with the selection where do you go. After some research I landed on Argan Oil. I read so many great things about Josie Maran I knew I had to try the Argan Oil in her line. It can be used on your face, hair, in your bath and even as a body oil. A few drops go a long way and this has definitely made my skin appear more refreshed and hydrated.